• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Tony DeAngelo Signs With SKA in KHL

Phil

Just now, Albatrosss said:

no idea.  Not sure they have the same corporate culture. 

I'm sure they don't in a general sense, nor is the corporate culture the same, but their grass roots fan support for soccer, or rugby, or even hockey is far superior to ours. They have real clubs in all sports, supported by real people.

We have faceless corporations that gatekeep access to the teams. Going to a Leafs game is simply unattainable for 99% of the public, here, which is a massive problem whether they admit it, or not. It's a travesty, really. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Pete said:

I think you spelled "youth hockey organizations" wrong LOL.

For footing the bill, or screwing people over? I dunno, I don't feel like that, at all. Nobody is making much money on actual leagues, here. There's no way Theo is making anything off our team. He told me he'll make $200 if everything goes right lol.

They make all their money in camps and stuff, which is fine. They have to pay their bills.

Again, if you got rid of the draft and had a structure like Euro Soccer/Basketball/Hockey most of that issue would disappear, and you would increase output. Just look at Finland. How do they produce so much, with so little? The answer is right there.

11 minutes ago, Dunny said:

For footing the bill, or screwing people over? I dunno, I don't feel like that, at all. Nobody is making much money on actual leagues, here. There's no way Theo is making anything off our team. He told me he'll make $200 if everything goes right lol.

They make all their money in camps and stuff, which is fine. They have to pay their bills.

I meant more to the point of these leagues just take your money and place your kid where they see fit, usually behind other kids who are not as good but their family is "friends of the program".

Again, if you got rid of the draft and had a structure like Euro Soccer/Basketball/Hockey most of that issue would disappear, and you would increase output. Just look at Finland. How do they produce so much, with so little? The answer is right there.

I honestly don't know much about the Euro structure. 

7 minutes ago, Dunny said:

That's certainly true about most Spring programs, as you've pointed out previously 

It's like that all season long in NJ. I can tell you stories of kids getting left off the team because someone else's dad lets the team practice on their backyard rink.

Real Zach Hyman shit.