• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2024-2025 Out of Town Scoreboard

Yeah, I like that they went back to the old school style Mighty Ducks logo as their primary, but those jerseys are just too orange. They wanted more orange represented in the uniforms because they play in Orange County, but they went overboard. lol Now that they went back to the Mighty Ducks logo, I was hoping they would have just gone back to their old color scheme.

• Keeps it 100 1

18 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

Michkov scored his first two NHL goals last night. The guy looks damn good already. Philadelphia getting back to respectability gradually. 🤮

Both goals on the PP, for anyone who has ever debated that having a high potential youngster on the PP doesn't help development or breed confidence.

• Like 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

1 minute ago, BrooksBurner said:

Both goals on the PP, for anyone who has ever debated that having a high potential youngster on the PP doesn't help development or breed confidence.

Maybe one day that will happen with a certain budding young star player in New York.

4 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Maybe one day that will happen with a certain budding young star player in New York.

Maybe it'll happen when they don't already have one of the best power plays in the league and are a bottom feeder like the Anahiem, where there are no expectations. 

1 minute ago, Pete said:

Well unfortunately for him it ain't broke so there's no reason to change it. 

Yeah, it is kind of a detriment to him that he can't get that much more time. It's another example of a good, young player not necessarily being a part of a normal rebuilding team. Most top picks are getting all of that time the first few years of their careers. With him it's just different, because there are more established players here. It is too bad, though, because you'd really like to see it now with how much better he is and more confident he is.

3 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Yeah, it is kind of a detriment to him that he can't get that much more time. It's another example of a good, young player not necessarily being a part of a normal rebuilding team. Most top picks are getting all of that time the first few years of their careers. With him it's just different, because there are more established players here. It is too bad, though, because you'd really like to see it now with how much better he is and more confident he is.

Nothing about his path was traditional. COVID, a team that didn't completely suck winning the lottery, etc. And frankly when he got here there was an obvious lack of consistent effort... You can blame coaches or the GM or whatever, but we tell our U10 Squirt team that the only thing that they can control during a game is their own effort... They can't control their teammates or the refs or the coaches, but their own effort is within their control. So that's really not something that ever should have been in question for a first overall pick, but it was. 

There's just a lot more nuance and complexity than some people realize. Not sure why we can't just be glad that he's finally on the right path, mostly because he made a conscious effort to work on his skating, which has nothing to do with the power play or anything else. 

1 minute ago, Pete said:

Nothing about his path was traditional. COVID, a team that didn't completely suck winning the lottery, etc. And frankly when he got here there was an obvious lack of consistent effort... You can blame coaches or the GM or whatever, but we tell our U10 Squirt team that the only thing that they can control during a game is their own effort... They can't control their teammates or the refs or the coaches, but their own effort is within their control. So that's really not something that ever should have been in question for a first overall pick, but it was. 

There's just a lot more nuance and complexity than some people realize. Not sure why we can't just be glad that he's finally on the right path, mostly because he made a conscious effort to work on his skating, which has nothing to do with the power play or anything else. 

Yeah, definitely not a traditional path. You mentioned lack of effort, that was the real concern. Early on it just looked like he didn't want to get better and didn't take the necessary steps to improve. I don't know if a lightbulb just went on one day or what, but I'm glad he did. Now we have an exciting player who looks more committed than ever. Maybe the old staff just wasn't getting through, it could be just all of those things. And, just in general, players development differently and a different pace.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Yeah, definitely not a traditional path. You mentioned lack of effort, that was the real concern. Early on it just looked like he didn't want to get better and didn't take the necessary steps to improve. I don't know if a lightbulb just went on one day or what, but I'm glad he did. Now we have an exciting player who looks more committed than ever. Maybe the old staff just wasn't getting through, it could be just all of those things. And, just in general, players development differently and a different pace.

💯 

And to bring it back to Philly, they clicked at 12% on the power play last year. That's the reason he's on the power play this year, they don't have anybody else. He also played the last 2 years in the KHL against men.

It's not an apples to apples comparison. 

• Keeps it 100 1

36 minutes ago, Pete said:

But both things can be true at the same time. Lafreniere's effort wasn't what it needed to be and the org messed up his development (not just his).

If they are ever to learn from their mistakes, the first thing to do is identify what they've been doing wrong. I don't think its fair, nor beneficial for anyone, to put all the blame on Laf here.

30 minutes ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

But both things can be true at the same time. Lafreniere's effort wasn't what it needed to be and the org messed up his development (not just his).

If they are ever to learn from their mistakes, the first thing to do is identify what they've been doing wrong. I don't think its fair, nor beneficial for anyone, to put all the blame on Laf here.

Nobody's stating otherwise. He holds the blame for his level of effort. The organization holds the blame for putting him in situations where he wasn't going to be successful, and again he probably should have been in the AHL. 

My point is the organization doing what they did doesn't absolve Lafreniere, I don't get why people would make excuses for a lack of effort. 

All of that being said, why are we relitigating this? What's the point? Leave the past in the past and just enjoy the future.

Just now, RJWantsTheCup said:

Georgiev 4 starts 5.79 goals against and .802 save percentage.

I watch some Avs games because my kid (and I) love watching MacKinnon, Geo confidence is shot. His angles are bad, he's deep in the crease, and TBF he's getting no help from his D on back-door plays. He's streaky, so we'll see if he gets it back, but still crossing my fingers for the Shesty/Raantanen trade 🤣

1 minute ago, Sharpshooter said:

Georgiev was really good his first year there, but it's been all down hill since. Now it's a disaster. It would be kind of funny after seeing Georgiev go there, then the Rangers trade Igor there. lol

Watching Shesty steal his starting job in Colorado would be pure entertainment gold.

2 hours ago, Pete said:

I watch some Avs games because my kid (and I) love watching MacKinnon, Geo confidence is shot. His angles are bad, he's deep in the crease, and TBF he's getting no help from his D on back-door plays. He's streaky, so we'll see if he gets it back, but still crossing my fingers for the Shesty/Raantanen trade 🤣

I would still trade Shesterkin for Rantanen. It was one of my favorite armchair GM proposals earlier this summer.

Fuck Geo though. Don't want him at all.

• Applause 1