• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2024-2025 Out of Town Scoreboard

6 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

I would still trade Shesterkin for Rantanen. It was one of my favorite armchair GM proposals earlier this summer.

Fuck Geo though. Don't want him at all.

I would figure it would be one of those situations where he immediately be waived like Ryan Johansson LOL. 

Islanders lose 1-0 in front of the smallest crowd in UBS Arenas young history.

I know how this is going to come off since were Rangers fans. And we hate them. And don’t get me wrong: I genuinely enjoy seeing them struggle. It’s humorous.

But this is a real question: should they just blow it all up and start all over? They’ve had the same exact issues for years, and for whatever reason, they have refused to address it. The only swing they took was Panarin. They wanted him bad but he wanted the bigger NY stage. But since then? Nothing. Don’t get me wrong, Duclair was a nice signing. And things were looking okay for them and for him. But now he’s out long-term. Same issues exist. No offense. No ability to nail things down late in games. Inconsistency from their core guys. All of them are getting older. If they couldn’t get it done with them at their peak, they likely aren’t with them older. And that core is filled with more 2nd or 3rd tier guys than play drivers.

I think they can make the playoffs. But out of the first round? I don’t see it. Stranger shits happened. But I don’t see the point in aiming to be average. I don’t know. I just think it may be time to pull the plug, sell some pieces and start again. And try and build a team that can win in today’s NHL. There’s just not enough talent there. Same issues year after year after year. The same issues plague them, and Lou refuses to fix it.

Edited by RichieNextel305

They're going to loser point themselves into another first round exit, which is not the most ideal. It's kind of where they are as an organization right now. They have some good players like Barzal and Horvat, but they have to be the most boring team in the league to watch.

2 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

They're going to loser point themselves into another first round exit, which is not the most ideal. It's kind of where they are as an organization right now. They have some good players like Barzal and Horvat, but they have to be the most boring team in the league to watch.

That’s what they’ve been the last several  seasons now. And there’s nothing wild waiting in the wings really either.

All kidding aside, they’re just in a brutal spot right now.

34 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

That’s what they’ve been the last several  seasons now. And there’s nothing wild waiting in the wings really either.

All kidding aside, they’re just in a brutal spot right now.

good.  fuck them piles