• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Patrik Laine Expected to Miss 2–3 Months After Suffering Knee Sprain

Scott

He didn't prevent anything as we've discussed a million times, but he does get some revenge. Which will end up being rather meaningless if Laine blew out his knee.

Edited by Scott

38 minutes ago, Scott said:

He didn't prevent anything as we've discussed a million times, but he does get some revenge. Which will end up being rather meaningless if Laine blew out his knee.

And he'll be getting games for that, probably. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Phil said:

On latest 32 Thoughts, Friedman said the Habs are hoping for the best but preparing for the worst. In other words, this is bad.

If his knee didn't tear completely, he would be bionic. I think they will see him again next pre season at the earliest.

• Phil changed the title to Patrik Laine Expected to Miss 2–3 Months After Suffering Knee Sprain
4 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

I felt ligaments tear just by looking at it, and it's only a sprain? lol Damn. Very fortunate.

The first thing I saw was a photo taken at the point of contact where his leg look contorted. Then seeing the replay and how it happened and the pain he was in, I for sure thought the worst. I think everyone did. It’s an extremely bad sprain. But at least no ligament damage.

Edited by RichieNextel305

5 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

The first thing I saw was a photo taken at the point of contact where his leg look contorted. Then seeing the replay and how it happened and the pain he was in, I for sure thought the worst. I think everyone did. It’s an extremely bad sprain. But at least no ligament damage.

2-3 months for a sprain? That's a mighty long time for a non surgery injury. Hope they keep close eyes on him and help him stay away from the addictive pain stuff. Too many sad stories of ruined lives.