• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Islanders Waive Pierre Engvall, Who Has 6 Years and $18 Million Left on Contract

Pierre Engvall, who still has six years and $18 million left on his contract, was among those placed on waivers as the Islanders jettisoned a number of players to get down to 22 on the roster.

If he clears waivers, which is likely, the 28-year-old Engvall will start the season in AHL Bridgeport.

Engvall had 10 goals and 18 assists in 74 games last season.

https://nypost.com/2024/10/06/sports/islanders-waive-pierre-engvall-with-18-million-left-on-contract/

3 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

Another Lou masterclass. 

Actually, I appreciate him having the balls to do this.  The original contract was obviously a huge mistake, but by exiling him to Bridgeport (and making him go there by the ferry) he sustains a $1.5m cap hit while waiting for Engvall to agree to waive his no trade list, as I doubt Engvall prefers Bridgeport semi-permanently to the NHL teams on his no trade list.

Edited by Sod16

14 hours ago, Sod16 said:

Actually, I appreciate him having the balls to do this.  The original contract was obviously a huge mistake, but by exiling him to Bridgeport (and making him go there by the ferry) he sustains a $1.5m cap hit while waiting for Engvall to agree to waive his no trade list, as I doubt Engvall prefers Bridgeport semi-permanently to the NHL teams on his no trade list.

It's not one of his worst moves, but I still like taking shots at him anyway.