• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS #5] Rangers at Toronto Maple Leafs — Reavo's Retirement Home

Drew a Penalty

8 hours ago, Albatrosss said:

All Shesty. He’s earning his $12M contract. 
i mean, with Miller’s and Zibby’s giveaways and bone headed plays every game where would this team be without Shesty? 

Zib hovers around Lafreniere/Tro levels of GVA/60...Miller isn't even in the top 10 on the team.

But keep on keepin' on!

white teeth troll GIF

11 hours ago, Dem said:

Kakko just sucks please waive him, trade him or put him out of his misery. Monumental bust!!

Extend him 4x3.5.  The line he is on has always been competent but never high-scoring.  He works hard.  That's a 3rd line RW.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Br4d said:

Extend him 4x3.5.  The line he is on has always been competent but never high-scoring.  He works hard.  That's a 3rd line RW.

I think this is a good take on Kakko. I can imagine him wanting a larger role and maybe that can't happen here so he requests to go elsewhere but all in all he plays his projected spot in the lineup well. His 2 OA status is a thing of the past now. It's been too long ago to even matter.

• Like 1
  • Bullseye 1

8 minutes ago, Albatrosss said:

Miller’s giveaway led to Toronto’s goal last night. 

You might want to watch that goal again, he never touched the puck. A shot missed the net and Fox didn't pin Matthews who walked out in front.

Miller did not register a giveaway in last night's game. 

Edited by Pete

2 minutes ago, jsm7302 said:

I think this is a good take on Kakko. I can imagine him wanting a larger role and maybe that can't happen here so he requests to go elsewhere but all in all he plays his projected spot in the lineup well. His 2 OA status is a thing of the past now. It's been too long ago to even matter.

This. 

The way people around here post "Please trade him!" Like he's hurting the team is completely fucking ridiculous. 

• Like 1
  • Bullseye 1
  • Applause 1

1 hour ago, Pete said:

Miller did not register a giveaway in last night's game. 

And this is why I don't trust the giveaway stats. I'm not saying he was bad last night, but he was handling the puck like a grenade a lot of the time and he definitely gave the puck away a few times.

Other than that I agree with you. From what I've seen he's been mostly fine so far this season. Have to keep in mind he's playing with a new partner and increased ice-time this season.

• Applause 1

18 minutes ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

And this is why I don't trust the giveaway stats. I'm not saying he was bad last night, but he was handling the puck like a grenade a lot of the time and he definitely gave the puck away a few times.

Other than that I agree with you. From what I've seen he's been mostly fine so far this season. Have to keep in mind he's playing with a new partner and increased ice-time this season.

I don't think a lot of fans understand what constitutes a giveaway, the NHL states a giveaway is an unforced turnover.

If the other team forces a turnover, that's not a giveaway, sometimes you have to chalk it up to the other team doing a good job at not "our players just suck".

17 hours ago, Cr00zng said:

Hello Blueshirts!!! Let’s go Rangers, just keep scoring like in the first four games and you’ll be fine.

It is BS, but the game is also on MSG, if you’re in the local area. Not certain, that the MSG Network app would have this game…..

I’m in California, so usually watch the games delayed a few hours anyway.  YouTube TV doesn’t have NHL Network.

Watched the 10 minute condensed game on the NHL app. 🙁

Edited by deejaid

6 hours ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

Not sure the Rangers can afford to keep Kakko at 3.5M if they are signing Shesterkin, Lafraniere & Miller.   

If I was GM, I’d be shopping Miller or Lindgrem and the latter hurts but we can’t sign everyone. Much prefer to get some return on Miller and rotate in young dmen cap friendly defenders. 

• Applause 1

2 hours ago, mbob said:

If I was GM, I’d be shopping Miller or Lindgrem and the latter hurts but we can’t sign everyone. Much prefer to get some return on Miller and rotate in young dmen cap friendly defenders. 

When you see a guy like Mancini come in and you realize he can do what Lindgren does, it certainly gives pause to extending Lindy for a long period of time knowing he plays like a missile with no regard for self preservation. Moving on from Lindgren seems necessary as much as that sucks because he has given blood sweat and tears for a few years now.

• Like 1
  • Bullseye 1
  • Keeps it 100 2

8 hours ago, lefty9 said:

Please no ,Kakko sucks, waive him 

You shouldn’t let your ass talk for you. 
No one is saying pay him big money.

Wake up buddy.

If he’s cheap as a 3rd liner, and he’s your guy, you keep him. 
Draft status importance no longer exists with him. 
Let him have the year. Go from there. Nothing within reason should be out of the question. 

• Applause 1
  • Keeps it 100 1
  • Believe 1

Lindgren is definitely gone. Miller? Perhaps. As good as the third line has been, I still feel like Kakko's days here are numbered, even though he still comes at a reasonable rate. We shall see. A win on HNIC is to be savored for sure, and it was a good game. It seems like we're getting playoff Igor from the get-go here. You love to see it. Another masterful third period performance from him to seal it.

Also, kudos to Toronto for doing a nice video tribute to Sam Rosen. I guess it was Brendan Shanahan's idea who played here for a couple of years and know what Sam is all about. Class act.

I gotta say it;  the guy is making a case for his $12 million!  It was pretty much a "whole lotta Shesty-Cola" out there Saturday night.  I'm not saying I like the idea of paying this guy, but he's been fucking unreal with the exception of the home opener.

Another Pop Tart for Laffy, and don't look now but Kreider is on pace for 468 goals this season!  ....and here are the Top 3 nominees for tonight's “Ozzy Quote of the GDT”, sponsored by....wait...only 3???

No sponsor for tonight!  😉

On 10/19/2024 at 7:25 PM, Dem said:

Who was that guy dressed in a Miller sweater who took the body. Dude your ruining K's reputation. Stop it!!

On 10/19/2024 at 8:52 PM, Dem said:

SpaceX needs to name the next rocket to space after the Rangers. Load miller and Kakko on board n let it rip.

On 10/19/2024 at 8:55 PM, VegasRanger said:

This may be the worst game of the year for the GDT.  Nothing really to bitch about.

Make no mistake, I'm still not in favor of paying $12 million for a goalie.  But....he did play his fucking ass off.  The winning quote for tonight’s GDT goes to @Dem!!!

I actually see a better player this year in Miller.  He's going to be fine, but when he gets pissed out there he's a real force!  We should have someone piss in his Cheerios before each game, so we see the monster Miller!

Habs on Tuesday, fellas!  Let's keep it rolling!!!

• Thanks 1