• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Moving Company Found Our Stuff!

Phil

So this is the new forum. I'm posting this because we're doing some final checks tonight and giving you all access in the morning.

Regarding Post Counts:

You're going to notice a few things right away outside of the new platform in general. The first is clearly your post counts, which are way less than they were before. There's a reason for this. We were missing about ten months of data but just recently recovered it (go us). This created problems with post counts, which we are trying to resolve. Additionally, post counts will likely never match the old totals. The reasons for this are technical, and not worth going into publicly.

Don't Remember Your Email to Log In?

Too bad, so sad. Kidding. Contact me using the Contact Us form at the bottom of the site and I will look up your account directly to let you know what your registration email was. I can also manually change your password, if need be.

Miscellaneous

Some of you may not have your avatars. Just re-upload them (or a new one).

Your profile user fields might also be blank. Just input new data (if you even care).

I'm sure there are other things we just haven't noticed yet. If there are specific things you notice — problems, missing data, whatever — use this thread to notify myself and the Staff, as we'll be working continuously over the next little while to attempt at recovering the lost data, as well as addressing these smaller issues.

Going Forward

We'll also be posting notices within this section to give you guys updates on new features as we continue to add them. One pro tip I can give you all: mark all the forums as read. This will allow your activity streams to start fresh so that new posts that are actually new posts are the only things entering it.

We know change can be stressful. It's going to take a while for all of us to get used to this new platform, but I still firmly believe this is the right call for us, the loss of ten months of posts and topics notwithstanding.

Also, first mother fucker that says some shit about how long this took is gettin' shot. Believe that.

wu tang GIF

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • LOL 1

1 minute ago, josh said:

Inbox size a lot smaller? Mines full

you can put mods on ignore (and those previously on ignore were kept on ignore) this includes messages 

See above on PMs.

I'll take a look at the permissions on ignoring again to see if I can lift the ability to ignore moderators, but your ignore list should have moved over without issue.

11 hours ago, Phil said:

So this is the new forum. I'm posting this because we're doing some final checks tonight and giving you all access in the morning.

Regarding Post Counts and Missing Posts:

You're going to notice a few things right away outside of the new platform in general. The first is clearly your post counts, which are way less than they were before. There's a reason for this. We're missing about ten months of data. This is also affecting the mass of threads and posts from after December 8, 2020 that are also missing. We're going to continue working on recovering these. But regardless of whether we can successfully recapture that data, please, feel free to start creating new threads. Please don't wait for me to do it.

In the event we do recover the data, your posts counts should increase to much closer to what they were, but won't actually ever fully recover to the final count before we turned the old vBulletin forum off. The reasons for this are technical, and not worth going into publicly. This has been the bane of mine and @Dave's existence for the last 48 hours.

Is Your Account Missing?

One of the bigger problems that we're not sure yet is a legitimate one is that users who registered on the forum over the last ten months may not have had their accounts brought over. If this is the case, and you are one of these users viewing the site as a guest right now, unable to log in, contact myself or @Dave as soon as possible. We'll look to see if we can restore your account. If we can't, you'll need to recreate one. If you recreate one, and we end up recovering the missing data days/weeks/months from now, we can likely merge your accounts to create one user again. Duplicate account rules will not apply to you, obviously.

Don't Remember Your Email to Log In?

Too bad, so sad. Kidding. Contact me using the Contact Us form at the bottom of the site and I will look up your account directly to let you know what your registration email was. I can also manually change your password, if need be.

Miscellaneous

Some of you may not have your avatars. Just re-upload them (or a new one).

Your profile user fields might also be blank. Just input new data (if you even care).

I'm sure there are other things we just haven't noticed yet. If there are specific things you notice — problems, missing data, whatever — use this thread to notify myself and the Staff, as we'll be working continuously over the next little while to attempt at recovering the lost data, as well as addressing these smaller issues.

Going Forward

We'll also be posting notices within this section to give you guys updates on new features as we continue to add them. One pro tip I can give you all: mark all the forums as read. This will allow your activity streams to start fresh so that new posts that are actually new posts are the only things entering it.

We know change can be stressful. It's going to take a while for all of us to get used to this new platform, but I still firmly believe this is the right call for us, the loss of ten months of posts and topics notwithstanding.

Also, first mother fucker that says some shit about how long this took is gettin' shot. Believe that.

wu tang GIF

Why you gotta tempt me like this?

spacer.png

• LOL 1

Just now, So Nashty said:

As in using your phone browser will be the way forward?

As of right now, yes. Tapatalk requires additional support on our end, and given how much better the mobile experience is in browser now, at the least it won't be a priority in the face of all the other work still to do. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Drew a Penalty said:

You can change it on your own in settings. Go to Account Settings -> Display Name.

I’m not sure if that is enabled for forum members. I changed it. We will have to look into this for the future.

3 hours ago, Dave said:

As of right now, yes. Tapatalk requires additional support on our end, and given how much better the mobile experience is in browser now, at the least it won't be a priority in the face of all the other work still to do. 

3 hours ago, Phil said:

Re: Tapatalk, see the conversation here @So Nashty:

Got it thanks. 

Also my username is not siddious when you have a second

12 minutes ago, So Nashty said:

Got it thanks. 

Also my username is not siddious when you have a second

I just enabled Display Name Change for you guys so you can update this yourself. Should be located within your profile somewhere.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1