• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Moving Company Found Our Stuff!

Phil

• Dave changed the title to The Moving Company Found Our Stuff!

Thankfully, I was able to recover the missing posts. Post counts are still probably way off and the forum has to delete a bunch of duplicate threads in the background before we can even attempt to recalculate the counts.

Still feels like a win.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, fletch said:

Will we still be able to rep posts?

Yes, but reputation is slightly different on this software than it was on the old platform. I still need to do a deeper dive into this to fully understand its depths, but practically, the heart button you see at the bottom right of every post is reputation. They're called reactions. They can be positive, neutral, or negative, but we've disabled negative (so that rep can only be positive, and can't be subtracted from). My guess is that neutral reactions are effectively "negative" in that they won't give you points (reputation), but won't subtract from your total either. Positives (Like, Thanks, Haha) will give you reputation points.

You can also view reputation leaders from the Leaderboards link in the nav at the top of the site.

I'll eventually post up a kind of tutorials/feature update in the Support Center explaining this all once I get a chance, but the only real change to reputation is you can no longer write a custom message to send the user with it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, Phil said:

Yes, but reputation is slightly different on this software than it was on the old platform. I still need to do a deeper dive into this to fully understand its depths, but practically, the heart button you see at the bottom right of every post is reputation. They're called reactions. They can be positive, neutral, or negative, but we've disabled negative (so that rep can only be positive, and can't be subtracted from). My guess is that neutral reactions are effectively "negative" in that they won't give you points (reputation), but won't subtract from your total either. Positives (Like, Thanks, Haha) will give you reputation points.

You can also view reputation leaders from the Leaderboards link in the nav at the top of the site.

I'll eventually post up a kind of tutorials/feature update in the Support Center explaining this all once I get a chance, but the only real change to reputation is you can no longer write a custom message to send the user with it.

Sounds good, thanks for the explanation

• Like 1

• Dave unpinned and pinned this topic
19 hours ago, Phil said:

I just enabled Display Name Change for you guys so you can update this yourself. Should be located within your profile somewhere.

No rush but 

You are not allowed to change your display name right now as you have changed it recently. You are only permitted to make 1 change in a 180-day period.