• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Ghost of Foley's – General Chat

Pete

On 1/11/2022 at 7:00 PM, phillyb said:

I guess so. Like, we bought a house together at the beginning of COVID, but we already rocky. And then it just deteriorated. 

Sorry to hear that you went through that. Hopefully you're better off. If not now, soon.  Good luck. 

• Like 1

Just now, Phil said:

I mean, they pale in comparison to your legend, @Ozzy

It's kinda cool to go back and see some of the guys when they were new here.  I see Morph's first post, and Keirik's as well.  2011 looks like it was a banner year up here!!!

30 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

It's kinda cool to go back and see some of the guys when they were new here.  I see Morph's first post, and Keirik's as well.  2011 looks like it was a banner year up here!!!

Goes back even further. There was an even older board called WeBleedBlue that we all defected from because the admin went crazy. And then before that it was the forum that was part of the rangers website. I was like 15 when I first started

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Goes back even further. There was an even older board called WeBleedBlue that we all defected from because the admin went crazy. And then before that it was the forum that was part of the rangers website. I was like 15 when I first started

I was on that with you. If people recall, there was a very public incident at a game involving an islanders fan in a Potvin jersey that i pretended to beat up. And there was some discussion about it on the Rangers website forum, which I had to defend myself on lol

6 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

3 minutes ago, BlairBettsBlocksEverything said:

I was on that with you. If people recall, there was a very public incident at a game involving an islanders fan in a Potvin jersey that i pretended to beat up. And there was some discussion about it on the Rangers website forum, which I had to defend myself on lol

That's the website that @4EverRangerFrank, @paddynyc, @RJWantsTheCup, and myself came from.  It was pretty cool, but it nowhere near this forum!!!

Those guys brought me here right before the 2017-2018 season, and it's been home ever since.  Supposedly there are other Rangers forums out there, but not for me!  Fuck that!  This is home!  Too many good friends and good folks here!

...gotta watch out for that @Keirik  guy though!!!  😉

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

That's the website that @4EverRangerFrank, @paddynyc, @RJWantsTheCup, and myself came from.  It was pretty cool, but it nowhere near this forum!!!

Those guys brought me here right before the 2017-2018 season, and it's been home ever since.  Supposedly there are other Rangers forums out there, but not for me!  Fuck that!  This is home!  Too many good friends and good folks here!

...gotta watch out for that @Keirik  guy though!!!  😉

Nah, before that. Bateman is talking about what used to be bb.newyorkrangers.com, which was a "bulletin board" site that we moved from to a fan-run one (webleedblue.net). That owner lost his mind, so I opened this place. It's crazy to think, but a significant number of us have basically grown up with each other, and have been posting together for almost twenty years.

• Keeps it 100 2

I was part of all the boards. We bleed blue was annoying AF so thank god the founders of this site did what they did. It changed the enjoyment of talking Rangers hockey.

the original one that was part of the Rangers website was a shit show lol. Constant arguing with no mods at all. Ah memories. 

U!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Phil said:

Nah, before that. Bateman is talking about what used to be bb.newyorkrangers.com, which was a "bulletin board" site that we moved from to a fan-run one (webleedblue.net). That owner lost his mind, so I opened this place. It's crazy to think, but a significant number of us have basically grown up with each other, and have been posting together for almost twenty years.

Yup lol and when you think back to some of the silliness that used to happen and how we all really have been talking for a long freaking time . 

7 minutes ago, Keirik said:

I was part of all the boards. We bleed blue was annoying AF so thank god the founders of this site did what they did. It changed the enjoyment of talking Rangers hockey.

the original one that was part of the Rangers website was a shit show lol. Constant arguing with no mods at all. Ah memories. 

U!

True, but I kinda miss the Kosxxxsyn's.

10 minutes ago, Phil said:

It's pretty clear that you guys have been around and together for quite a while!  It really is a cool community here!!   I can't even believe I've been a part of it for almost 5 years already!!  I still feel like "the new guy"!!  LOL

• Cheers 1
  • Keeps it 100 1