• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Ghost of Foley's – General Chat

Pete

4 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

It's pretty clear that you guys have been around and together for quite a while!  It really is a cool community here!!   I can't even believe I've been a part of it for almost 5 years already!!  I still feel like "the new guy"!!  LOL

If by "new guy" you mean our beloved mascot, then, yes.

• LMFAO 1

4 minutes ago, Keirik said:

or guys changing their screen names every day lol

Far and away the worst crime. I had no idea who I was talking to daily unless some semblance of the name was still in there (like "Benito Dunsellini").

2 minutes ago, Phil said:

Far and away the worst crime. I had no idea who I was talking to daily unless some semblance of the name was still in there (like "Benito Dunsellini").

Somewhere in my Facebook memories, I have a shot of the old jumbotron from when you could text shit up onto the gardenvision that says "We Bleed Blue! We Love DUNSEL!"

@Phil, where's our blue muppet shit theme for this board?

• LOL 1

6 minutes ago, Phil said:

Lol yeah, at least that was clever.  I don’t even think I used Keirik in the beginning (keirik was just a way to put part of my first and middle name keith mike together)

dunsel was the dude that made we bleed blue right? Then got really power hungry? Was that it? 

2 minutes ago, Keirik said:

Lol yeah, at least that was clever.  I don’t even think I used Keirik in the beginning (keirik was just a way to put part of my first and middle name keith mike together)

dunsel was the dude that made we bleed blue right? Then got really power hungry? Was that it? 

Yeah, he was that guy. Him, and Papa Smurf, and a few others.

4 minutes ago, Keirik said:

Yeah. I actually pushed him, privately, on bb.nyr to do it, because every day was a new adventure in terrible leadership there. He ran and managed forums for a living at the time, so I had a long conversation going with him for like two weeks about the benefits of just starting his own thing. It was good for a while, but he was really heavy-handed managing it, which kind of fueled a lot of the public meltdowns.

Eventually, he just grew completely disassociated with it, to the point of opening a private "NAA — No Assholes Allowed" forum that he personally invited a few members to participate in, leaving the main boards to rot. Naturally, it went to shit, so, I took the same advice I gave him and opened us up our own here.

1 minute ago, Phil said:

Yeah. I actually pushed him, privately, on bb.nyr to do it, because every day was a new adventure in terrible leadership there. He ran and managed forums for a living at the time, so I had a long conversation going with him for like two weeks about the benefits of just starting his own thing.

Eventually, though, he just grew completely disassociated with it, to the point of opening a private "NAA — No Assholes Allowed" forum that he personally invited a few members to participate in, leaving the main boards to rot. Naturally, it went to shit, so, I took the same advice I gave him and opened us up our own here.

And history was made! 

But then again, wasn’t it you guys that had me and Pete on universal ignore for a week or was it on wbb?  

5 minutes ago, Keirik said:

And history was made! 

But then again, wasn’t it you guys that had me and Pete on universal ignore for a week or was it on wbb?  

If by "you guys," you mean Dunsel, then, yes. He usually solicited our opinion (moderators) on things like that, but if my memory serves, that specific decision he made on his own because he was tired of dealing with you lol.

3 minutes ago, Phil said:

If by "you guys," you mean Dunsel, then, yes. He usually solicited our opinion (moderators) on things like that, but if my memory serves, that specific decision he made on his own because he was tired of dealing with you lol.

Lol ah memories 

7 minutes ago, BlairBettsBlocksEverything said:

I believe in the entire history of these boards I have one infraction. Give me the Lady Byng

I have one already since this latest refresh although I’m discussing my options with legal counsel so I won’t go into detail  

🤐

• LOL 1

6 minutes ago, 4EverRangerFrank said:

Absolutely spot on Oz! This site is FANtastic and there are "great posters on both sides."

🤣 Sorry - I just had to add that.

Seriously though, the quality of comments and content here is something I look forward to every day...it's like my Rangers vitamin.

I have it up all day in my office!  I don't wanna miss anything!!  LOL

poor Dunsel.  at the end he just lost it and was permabanning all troublemakers. Surprisingly i was not permabanned, i just stopped posting there.  Eventually WeBleedBlue stopped working and whomever was left migrated to FAcebook. I got invited but it wasnt much fun posting there, plus i got rid of Facebook about that time.  

lots of good peeps stopped posting over the years.