• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Ghost of Foley's – General Chat

Pete

21 hours ago, Phil said:

Apparently he's a huge metal head.  Always heard he was douchie in person when he was a player. But he seems very candidate and funny in some interviews I've seen of him when he's talking music. I believe I saw him on a Tool documentary and some Pantera/Dime doc. Seemed like pretty funny dude 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

100 days no booze as of today. Didn't have much choice in the matter as my liver decided to implode on itself for non alcohol related reasons but still a pretty good accomplishment that's been way easier than I expected

Damn congrats- hope all is well though? 

I was thinking of doing this in the new year. With the kid I don’t have time to exercise and I’ve been eating and drinking like shit so I have gained a few.  Need to do a little break for at least a few weeks just to kind of reset. It’s friggin tough though. 

32 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

100 days no booze as of today. Didn't have much choice in the matter as my liver decided to implode on itself for non alcohol related reasons but still a pretty good accomplishment that's been way easier than I expected

Damn bro, good for you.

Must be nice not to have kids. 

• LOL 3
  • LMFAO 1

44 minutes ago, siddious said:

Damn congrats- hope all is well though? 

I was thinking of doing this in the new year. With the kid I don’t have time to exercise and I’ve been eating and drinking like shit so I have gained a few.  Need to do a little break for at least a few weeks just to kind of reset. It’s friggin tough though. 

Yea doing pretty good, it was bad enough to put me on the transplant list but I've been recovering well. Scary what can randomly happen to the body

18 hours ago, Keirik said:

Took a day trip to Bartonsville PA with the wifey. Found an antique place that had a few Burger King collectible soda glasses from the 1980s that I had as a kid. Was pretty cool to pick a few back up.

Did you also get a crown?

• LOL 1

What’s up folks, longtime Blueshirts fan here, figured I’d join a place to get some of the good and bad out about these guys instead of trying to explain it to my dogs 😂😂

game tonight made me look back on our schedule, reminds me a lot of a few years back when we were consistent contenders in the playoffs. Look at the predicable nature of our offense on power plays, teams are making adjustments and shutting us down, we’ve dropped 6 spots in 10 days for our ranking, and doing so against not particularly good penalty killing teams. Exception San Jose, but our offense is an issue, because we have a solid 1st line, but after that it’s a “who’s gonna show up” attitude. We’ve got incredible talent in Trot and Chytil, and we haven’t rearranged our lines to create a second line that can come close to matching our first. 
we are inconsistent, but that’s fine, it’s still early. The concerning thing is we are losing to bad teams this year as much as really good teams. Anaheim, Columbus, even Nashville, they are not good. Overtime losses have crushed us too, because we pick and choose when we want to show up. I really do believe there is a method to Gallant, he is providing consistency and letting the guys show what they can do. 
now is the time to start making adjustments. And someone get Trots some help, that dude is a rock star. And wins a crazy amount of face offs (breath of fresh air there).

Anyways, thanks for letting me on this thread, let’s get after it! 
JP

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3
  • VINNY! 1

12 hours ago, ItsJustJP said:

What’s up folks, longtime Blueshirts fan here, figured I’d join a place to get some of the good and bad out about these guys instead of trying to explain it to my dogs 😂😂

game tonight made me look back on our schedule, reminds me a lot of a few years back when we were consistent contenders in the playoffs. Look at the predicable nature of our offense on power plays, teams are making adjustments and shutting us down, we’ve dropped 6 spots in 10 days for our ranking, and doing so against not particularly good penalty killing teams. Exception San Jose, but our offense is an issue, because we have a solid 1st line, but after that it’s a “who’s gonna show up” attitude. We’ve got incredible talent in Trot and Chytil, and we haven’t rearranged our lines to create a second line that can come close to matching our first. 
we are inconsistent, but that’s fine, it’s still early. The concerning thing is we are losing to bad teams this year as much as really good teams. Anaheim, Columbus, even Nashville, they are not good. Overtime losses have crushed us too, because we pick and choose when we want to show up. I really do believe there is a method to Gallant, he is providing consistency and letting the guys show what they can do. 
now is the time to start making adjustments. And someone get Trots some help, that dude is a rock star. And wins a crazy amount of face offs (breath of fresh air there).

Anyways, thanks for letting me on this thread, let’s get after it! 
JP

Welcome to the site JP! Great place to talk Rangers hockey. Best place to put this kind of discussion is somewhere in the Rangers section of the board located here. Always good to have longtime fans here. You'll find most guys pretty welcoming. Any questions feel free to ask. Happy posting !

• Like 1